Service to our schools and community
Catholic Education in the Northern Territory is committed to providing the highest quality education for students attending Catholic schools. The achievement of this aim is greatly enhanced by schools in our diocese working closely in partnership with each other and with the Catholic Education Office (CEO).
The CEO of the Diocese of Darwin, is responsible to the Bishop of Darwin for:
- Policy advice
- Disseminating information pertaining to approved educational, pastoral care and administrative policies to schools
- Fostering their implementation and evaluating their effects in Catholic schools
- Reporting to the Catholic Education Council.
The Catholic Education Office strives to work in partnership with schools, parishes, school boards, teachers and parents, in promoting Catholic Education and assisting schools in fulfilling their educational and pastoral responsibilities. The Catholic Education Office provides a range of services to enhance the quality of education available to students. Service and support is offered in the following key areas of school improvement:
- Catholic identity
- Teaching and learning
- Finance, facilities and resources
- Community and culture
- Pastoral care and wellbeing.