Catholic Education Council of the NT
The Catholic Education Council of the NT (CEC NT), established by the Bishop of Darwin, is the key advisory and consultative body on all matters relating to education within the Diocese and reports to the Bishop.
Members of the CEC NT assist the Bishop in the exercise of his ecclesiastical, educational and legal authority and responsibility for Catholic Education in accordance with the provisions of Canon Law (Canon 803 #1; 806 #2) and the Catholic Church in the Northern Territory Act 1979 (as amended).
The objectives and functions of the Council are to serve the Church and the community. The CEC NT is the principal consultative body on education to the Bishop providing advocacy to the Australian Government and the Northern Territory Government.
Council monitors and reviews the strategic directions of Catholic Education in the Diocese and provides a representative forum for parents and Catholic communities, clergy and parishes on matters of education. Council also provides a conduit for other Catholic
Catholic Education Council of the Northern Territory
Bishop Charles Gauci, President
MrDavid Reilly, Chair
Br Anthony Caddy FMS, Deputy Chair
- Mr Greg O'Mullane, The Director of Catholic Education NT (Ex-Officio)
Ordinary Members representing following Deaneries
Fr Malcolm Fyfe, MSC, VG & Chancellor
- Mr Cameron Hughes, Principals Representative
- Mr Shane Donohue, Principals' Consultant
- Fr Leo Wearden, MSC, Priest Representative
MrAnthony Burton, Parents Representative Mrs Lorraine King, Parents Representative MrPeter Caldwell, Community Member DrNicole Johnson, Community Member
Ms Stacey Parker, Indigenous Representative
- Mr Greg O'Mullane, Director of Catholic Education, Ex-Officio
- Mrs Jacqui Langdon, Deputy Director Teaching & Learning, Ex-Officio
- Mr Dirk Botha, Deputy Director School Services, Ex-Officio
- Sr Catherine Mead, Leader of Catholic Identity, Ex-Officio